Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Easy after work meal. Flautas are thin, flute like tubes filled with meat and cheese which is where the name of these taste treats come from. Flauta means flute in Spanish and makes a delicious meal served with Spanish rice and refried beans topped with melted cheese.
Top Review by tara portee
I liked these, but I think that paying more attention to how the chicken is prepared would have made it much better. I baked chicken breasts and shredded the meat. That preparation seemd to really be lacking in the flavor department. Maybe sprinkling a little spice on them and then sauteing until golden brown would have given me that extra flavor I was looking for. I do really like the the rolled up and stuffed tortilla crisped up in the saute pan.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken, cheese and cumin in a small bowl.
- Place about 1/4 of the chicken mixture on each tortilla.
- Top with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Roll tightly and secure with a toothpick; brush with oil.
- Cook filled tortillas over medium heat in a 10 inch skillet 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally until filling is hot and tortillas are toasted.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with guacamole and sour cream if desired.