Recipe by Meme1267
Chicken and Cheese rolled in crescent rolls with creamy gravy. Excellent alternative to traditional dumplings during the holidays.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
THESE ARE UNUSUAL, & THEY'RE GREAT TASTING, TOO! I used sharp cheddar & milk with 2% fat, & then made the recipe as directed, serving it over brown rice ~ Now I have yet another satisfying way to serve chicken breasts! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces whole milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken and shred. Mix in 1 cup cheddar cheese. Form into balls. Wrap each chicken and cheese ball in a crescent roll. Put in casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, combine Cream of Chicken soup and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended. Pour over crescent rolls. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over each crescent roll. Bake in oven at 325 degrees for about 35 – 45 minutes until crescent rolls are brown on top. Serve with rice. (I usually boil the rice in the water I boiled the chicken in.).