Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Posted due to a request in the forums. This one sounds so good, and I'm giving it a try soon!
Top Review by JustJanS
Bogaloogie, you've gotta try this!!! We ate it for dinner tonight and it was so good. The only changes to the recipe we made were to use bone-in thigh cutlets and cook them a bit longer and light coconut milk and sour cream to reduce the fat a bit. Next time I would pop in a small bird's eye chilli to heat it up a bit.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 small green chilies, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 250 ml strongly flavoured chicken stock
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 200 g fine beans, topped, tailed & halved
- 125 g cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wide saucepan and fry the onions gently, sprinkled with a little salt to stop them burning, until softened.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chillies,turmeric, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, for another minute or so.
- Stir the coconut milk and stock into the onion spice paste and when everything is incorporated add the cardamom and chicken pieces.
- Bring the curry back to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is just about cooked through.
- Check the seasoning and add the fine beans, cooking for about 8 minutes longer.
- While you are cooking the beans, toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan until coloured a little.
- Add the cashew nuts to the curry, then stir in the soured cream and half of the chopped coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice, and sprinkle with more chopped coriander to serve.