Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, skinned or 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2 inch) or 2 1⁄4 lbs butternut squash (1/2 inch)
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 450°F Spray roasting pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Place squash in large bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with fines herbs or Italian seasoning and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; toss well. Spoon squash around chicken.
- Roast uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Remove chicken and squash from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Add wine to pan drippings; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring to loosen brown particles. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- On each of 4 plates, place 1 chicken breast and 1 cup squash. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each chicken breast.