Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my favorite brunch item - everyone seems to love it. This is a very easy menu item and you can prepare it the night before. Enjoy!!
- 1 loaf Italian bread (break up into cubes) or 1 loaf French bread (break up into cubes)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken (Picked off of the bone. I use only the breast, but you can use the whole chicken)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
- Spray baking dish with Pam (9X13).
- Pick rotisserie chicken from the bone and set aside. Let cool.
- Finely chop 3 shallots and sauté in olive oil. Add shallots to chicken and let cool.
- Boil a small pot of water - cut the fresh asparagus up into 1 inch pieces. Add the asparagus pieces to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and put asparagus pieces in an ice water bath to stop cooking. Remove asparagus and dry on a paper towel. Add to the chicken.
- Mix eggs and milk in separate dish (make sure eggs are well beaten).
- Add cubed bread, shredded cheese, chicken, shallots and asparagus to the egg and milk mixture. Make sure chicken, asparagus and shallots are all cooled before adding them to the egg mixture.
- Pour all ingredients into your baking dish
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It will puff up slightly, like a quiche. Let is set for about 15 minutes before serving. It will settle and fall a bit.
This was a hit at my sorority luncheon. Served with salad and dinner rolls