Recipe by Mary Jenny
The fresh taste in these quesadillas will make them everyday dinner favourites.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups packaged grated cheese (Tex Mex or Mexican cheese blend)
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, patted dry and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (in adobo sauce, minced)
- 4 -6 large tortillas, your favourite flavour
- sour cream, guacamole and salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, cheese, peanuts, corn, red pepper and coriander in a large bowl. Cut lime in half and squeeze juice of one half over top. Add half the adobo sauce and stir. Taste and if you like things hotter, stir in a little more adobo.
- Brush a large frying pan, preferably non–stick, lightly with oil. Set over medium heat. Depending on the size of your tortillas, filling will be enough for 4 or 6. Add 1 tortilla to pan. Spoon about 1 cup (250 mL) of filling over half the tortilla. Fold other half over filling, pressing together. Cook until underside of tortilla is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully, turn and cook other side until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Slice each into 4 wedges. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa on the side.