Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
They're steamed in beer and served with a garden of toppings. Recipe is from Woman's World.
Make and share this Chicago-Style Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g can beer or 226.79 g can water
- 453.59 g package hot dogs, 8
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 340.19 g package hot dog buns, 8
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 59.14 ml dill pickle, chopped
- 59.14 ml red onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml sliced pickled hot cherry peppers
- In deep skillet over medium-high heat, combine beer and hot dogs; cover.
- Bring to simmer; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until hot dogs are cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix next 3 ingredients.
- Fill each bun with tomato slices, hot dog, mustard sauce, pickle, onion and peppers.
What a wonderful way to start off a Memorial Day weekend. The sauce was absolutely delicious. Thank you.
Great hot dogs! The beer steaming is awesome and I loved the combination of toppings. I used green onion and jalapenos as that's what I had on hand. I also really liked the mustard sauce. This made a great lunch - thanks for sharing this recipe!