1/12 Photos of Chi Chi's Seafood Enchiladas
I spent 16+ years at Chi Chi's. This is the recipe you want. In the restaurant these are cooked right on the plate. (Remember... The plates are hot and then you touched them anyway. lol) You could cook them all together in a baking dish. Cook time and temperature may need to be adjusted if not cooking with a convection oven. Enjoy with your favorite spanich rice, refried beans and sweet corn cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lobster base
- 3 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup cooking sherry
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, flake style
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas, old mission restaurant style
- 1FOR THE SAUCE: Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add flour.
- 3Cook and stir for 5 minutes(should have a nutty aroma).
- 4Add 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- 5Stir in 2 tbsps lobster base and cook for an additional minute.
- 6Add milk & wine.
- 7Add 2 oz. of the cheese.
- 8Continue to cook until thickened.
- 9FOR THE CRAB MIX: Lightly chop the flaked imitation crab.
- 10Combine with shrimp in a medium size bowl.
- 11Add 1.5 cups of cold sauce.
- 12Mix well.
- 13FOR THE ENCHILADAS: Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface.
- 14Place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the crab mix across the center of each tortilla.
- 15Place flap of the tortilla over the crab mix and roll.
- 16Place flap side down onto a plate or in your baking dish.
- 17Ladle warm sauce over the enchiladas.
- 18Top with remaining monterey jack cheese.
- 19Put into a preheated 425 degree convection oven for 12-14 minutes. In a conventional oven you may want to microwave on high for a minute or 2 before placing in the oven.
- 20Watch and do not allow to burn (brown spots).
- 21Sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chi Chi's Seafood Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.1
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.1 mg
- Sodium 1973.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: