Cheese and Onion Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can beans, such as kidney, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or monterey and colby)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, oregano and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Remove from heat, stir in beans, if using, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Combine sauce, 2 T water and chili powder.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce; place on plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup cheese-onion mixture down center of tortilla. Roll up, place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake until hot 20-25 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Very good recipe! I do think some diced green chilis would take it over the top but the other 2 here were very happy with it as is. I made an extra 1/2 cup of sauce in view of the comments and that provided plenty of moisture in my opinion. I also put closer to 1 cup of cheese on top. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PRMR.