Recipe by JustJanS
This recipe came from one of my workmates. It's one of her most popular dishes.
Top Review by Evie*
This dish is scrumptious, I didnt have any mango chutney so used my own rhubarb chutney. Loved the colour when I took it out the oven too. Will make again, it's quick to prepare and tasty. Thanks for posting. =)
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into large chunks-about 6 per fillet.
- Brown the chicken in the oil, then remove (you will need to do this in a couple of batches).
- Add the onion to the oil and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, and pour over the onions.
- Return the chicken to the sauce, and cook in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes.
- *Ilike to bake this uncovered and stir it once or twice.
- I find that it gets a nice browned finish.