Recipe by Che~Sara`
This is a take on the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. Only one added ingredient, dark brown sugar, melted butter and a smidgen more flour make the difference... I had to sell my soul to my aunt so she'd tell me why hers tasted soooo good! Chewy chocolate chip cookie heaven!!!!!
Top Review by Meringue
Yeah baby! I put these in an airtight containter and they are still chewy and delish two days later! I used organic molasses and Ghiradelli semi sweet chips and I have not been able to stop eating them! Thanks for a great new favourite!
- 1 cup butter (two sticks, melted)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter (usually 30 seconds in microwave).
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, molasses and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- After cooling, carefully hide a few so you have a chance to eat them!