Recipe by Lainey6605
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law's recipe box.
Top Review by txcutestuf
Not so good. Maybe if the recipe had called for baking powder I would have enjoyed it more. These do not rise, baking just sets the bar and they are very thick and heavy. I did not add choclolate chips and that may have made them better because they were not very sweet, either. Sorry, I had to pitch them. : (
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 cup confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.