This is by far one of the best oatmeal cookie recipes that I have ever made! The cookies are plump, chewy, and full of crunchy pecans and raisins. The honey really sets if off with a unique taste. Once you make these cookies with the honey in them, you will never want to make oatmeal cookies without honey ever again! And it can be easily altered to your liking by changing the add-ins from raisins & pecans, to just about anything you want (walnuts, dates, dried cranberries, etc).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or 1 cup walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or almunim foil (butter foil).
- 2OPTIONAL: Soak 1 cup of rasins overnight in water to make them nice and plump.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a fork.
- 4In a seperate large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars in with an electric mixer until fluffy. Then beat in honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- 5Gradually add the flour mixture to the large bowl while beating on low.
- 6Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans.
- 7Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 2 inches apart. Flatten mounds only slightly if you want a fat, chewy cookie; or flatten mounds more if you want a thinner cookie.
- 8Bake cookies until the tops start to turn golden brown, about 11-12 minutes.
- 9Cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheets, then move cookies to a cooling rack.
- 10Store cookies in an airtight container to keep them nice and moist.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal, Raisin, Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 67.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g