Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I used to make these a lot> They are quick and fill your craving for chocolate and LF.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 egg whites
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup and egg whites until throughly blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 1 inch apart onto prepared sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until set. (Cookies will be soft when lightly pressed; do not over bake).
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Unfortunately, these weren't very good. I followed the recipe exactly and all ingredients were fresh, but they turned out kinda rubbery with not much taste. I see now looking back that they were described as LF which I imagine is low fat... so I guess that figures in. But honestly, I doubt these will be eaten. Sorry.