Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A pizookie is basically a giant cookie served slightly undercooked a la mode. One pizookie feeds more or less 4 people. You can also serve this dough as traditional cookies, but either way, they're chewy, buttery, and sweet. Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla extract to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips (can be omitted or increased depending on taste).
- Scoop onto baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet, OR spread dough on the bottom of 4 9-inch pie tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve cookies or cool and store. Pizookies are topped with vanilla ice cream and served warm.
This was awesome!!! Everyone was in heaven! I made it using 4 pie tins. Some people shared a tin, and the rest I cut up in servings.
really disappointed with the recipe. i ended up liking the ice cream better than the cookie itself. it is much more cakey an heavy than an actual pizookie. i wish i could say that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe,but it wasnt even a good chocolate chip cookie. don't waste your time or ingredients on this cookie.
We love the pizookie from BJ's, but we no longer live near one, so we tried this one. I'ts awesome! I threw it in my pampered chef bar pan... perfect! We like it hot with vanilla ice cream. Best part is that the pizooke they make is made in a tin pan and has a bit of tinny taste to it... not this one :) Thanks for posting!