Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A easy cookie/cake from Paula, enjoy!
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, butter, eggs, coconut, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35
- minutes, until a toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely in the pan before cutting it into squares.