I had "inherited" bags and bags of apples and was trying to use them up and found this recipe in the August/September 2006 Taste of Home magazine that was chock full of other apple recipes. In the second batch, I added walnuts which were also a very nice addition. Even though the recipe calls for dried apples, don't let that make you hesitate in making these. I used chopped apples - 1 cup - and they were delicious! Also, be sure to flatten these a bit on the cookie sheet, they do not spread out while baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in oat and apples.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.