Curried Chicken Salad With Broccoli and Dates
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Every Day with Rachael Ray August-September 2006
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, chopped
- 3 dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 pita bread rounds
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper and cook, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side; let cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil; add the broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Chop the chicken and broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and curry powder. Add the chicken, broccoli, apple, dates and celery, and toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with pita.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION