Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A co-worker made a fabulous crab quiche for brunch at work last week, and she is one of those stingy recipe people, so I couldn't get the recipe:( Well, I was determined to replicate the dish, and I came up with this one...which I think is even tastier than hers!! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- 1 unbaked frozen 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or Swiss, if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except pie shell.
- Fill pie shell with mixture and bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 min.
- until bubbly and browned on top.
Me and my fiancee were looking to use up some pie crusts and we thought we'd try this. It was awesome. Neither one of us could stop eating it. We will definitely be using this recipe again.
I used 1 lb of crabmeat and it turned out fabulous! thanks