Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
What could be simplier or more delicious? From Back Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast in Solomons, MD.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- Combine ingredients and spread in pie shell.
- Bake in 350° oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish each slice with fresh sprig of thyme.
Bev, this was absolutely delicious! It was my first quiche and it turned out wonderful. Delicious combination of flavors and the onions and crab make it very colorful and appetizing. This will be a regular here from now on!
This was very good. I had to use tinned crab meat and am afraid that this might have altered the flavour somewhat. Can only imagine how wonderful this would be with fresh! (but we don't live on the Chesapeake :-(