Recipe by cherber
I adapted this recipe from a diabetic cookbook recipe and did not add salt to it. I also used 4 oz ground pork to give the meatballs added flavour. I enjoyed these a lot! Makes about 28 meatballs weighing approx 1 oz apiece.
- 4 ounces ground lean pork
- 16 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground pork and ground beef, lightly so as not to compact the meat too much.
- add the next 7 ingredients and incorporate into the meat mixture until they are well combined.
- Brown meatballs in a nonstick pan over moderately high heat, then turn temp down to med.
- Let cook for another five minutes.
- You can then add these to your favourite pasta sauce, making sure you cook them until they are no longer pink inside. Or just cook them in the frying pan until they are done.