Recipe by Chrissy Sweettooth
I had a next-door neighbor who gave the original recipe to my mom. I modified it slightly by adding Ah-So sauce to the pork. It's delicious and fairly simple. I highly recommend preparing it a day in advance so that the hoisin sauce has enough time to mellow out.
- 4 cups uncle ben's long-grain white rice
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pork chop (meat only)
- 2 tablespoons Chinese red sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 ounces la choy hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a pan, cook pork chops. When meat is cooked fully through, add 2 Tbsp of Ah-So pork sauce and stir around so meat is evenly coated. Take pork chops out of pan and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place chopped celery and onions in a frying pan coated with cooking spray and heat until browned.
- Add celery, onions and pork to the rice and stir until well blended. Add the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and stir until the rice, pork, celery and onions are coated evenly. (Everything should have a nice brown color to it.).