Top Review by *Crystal*
This is a great fat-free, sugar-free muffin recipe! Subs I made were 2 whole eggs instead of just the whites, I halved the splenda, added 1/4cup of craisins, and accidentally used wheat bran instead of germ (oops!). The muffins still turned out really good, although I think they would have been more tender with the germ. Thanks Cheryl!
- 6 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup artificial sweetener (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan (I use my Pampered Chef Stoneware muffin pan and it works out perfectly; 12 large muffins!).
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Splenda.
- Add applesauce and egg whites and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for approximately 28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- When cool enough, remove muffins and place on wire rack to finish cooling.