Recipe by katew
This sounds like an interesting combination.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Adored this! A very different combination of flavors and types of food ingredients - but quite surprising and very pleasant indeed!! We have a surplus of little cherry tomatoes, and this worked perfectly here. I followed other reviewers - and decreased the olive oil to half of the amount - and added the whole lemon juice. WoW! Loved the ginger - and all combined this made a tasty - and gorgeous side dish. Will make again and again! Oh - and I used scallions (green) and the whole presentation was just lovely. Thanks, Kate!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cms piece fresh ginger (I think you could use minced ginger from a jar here too )
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel rind thinly from lemon using a vegetable peeler.
- Cut rind into thin strips.
- Combine rind and juice in small pan.
- Boil, covered for 2 minutes.
- Peel and cut ginger into wafer thin slices.
- Cut slices into thin strips.
- Combine rind mixture, ginger and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.