Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This sounds like an interesting combination.
Make and share this Cherry Tomatoes With Ginger Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cms piece fresh ginger (I think you could use minced ginger from a jar here too )
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Peel rind thinly from lemon using a vegetable peeler.
- Cut rind into thin strips.
- Combine rind and juice in small pan.
- Boil, covered for 2 minutes.
- Peel and cut ginger into wafer thin slices.
- Cut slices into thin strips.
- Combine rind mixture, ginger and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
Adored this! A very different combination of flavors and types of food ingredients - but quite surprising and very pleasant indeed!! We have a surplus of little cherry tomatoes, and this worked perfectly here. I followed other reviewers - and decreased the olive oil to half of the amount - and added the whole lemon juice. WoW! Loved the ginger - and all combined this made a tasty - and gorgeous side dish. Will make again and again! Oh - and I used scallions (green) and the whole presentation was just lovely. Thanks, Kate!
Delicious thanks Kate. I made these using a variety of tiny tomatoes which I cut into odd but similar sized pieces. I wonder if the other reviewers were aware an Australian tablespoon is actually 4 teaspoons-therefore more than they would have used. There was no problem here with not enough lemon although I didn't boil the juice hard for 2 minute-more a brisk simmer! Great flavours for such a simple treatment of one of my favourite ingredients!
An easy and flavor popping cocktail appetizer or side dish. I just ate them like candy at my desk!