Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
To me, the classic trio of tomatoes, basil and garlic is comfort food. This is another recipe from Cooking Pleasures.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated (5 oz.)
- Heat 4 Tbs of the olive oil in a large skillet over LOW heat until hot.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer for about 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine, and increase the heat to medium-low.
- Gently boil for about 2 minute.
- Increase the heat again to medium - medium high and add the tomatoes, shrimp and 3/4 tsp salt.
- Cook for 2-3 min more, or until the shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, bring the water, remaining 1 Tbs olive oil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer the cooked couscous to a serving bowl and top with the shrimp and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.