Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great served over grilled salmon.
- 3 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salmon (to grill)
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
Yum! Beautiful sauce that complemented the salmon perfectly and was really quick to put together.