Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great breakfast muffins.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherries, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese and then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cooled and melted butter, mixing well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the buttermilk and egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined and then fold in the cherries.
- Divide the batter amongst the 12 muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
I didn't rate this as I haven't made it yet but noticed that it seems that half the directions are missing. I am assuming that all that's missing is combining the dry ingredients with the wet and them and the suggested baking time. please complete this recipe it looks great am going to try it and rate it later.
These muffins are almost like little cheesecakes. They have a moist interior and a lovely vanilla taste. I used fresh cherries and reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup (personal preference) and they were soooo yummy! :) Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Grace! I will surely make this again!
These muffins had good flavor, but I didn't care for the texture. I baked them for 30 minutes and they still seemed barely done (very heavy and moist because of the cup of ricotta). They were actually better after they had cooled, but I still won't make these again. There are better ricotta muffin recipes out there.