Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This double crust pie is a tasty difference from the usual cherry pie, and one I'm sure everyone will enjoy -
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 (540 ml) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Prepare bottom pie shell. Sprinkle almonds and lemon rind over bottom crust.
- Combine cherry pie filling with lemon juice and almond extract; spoon into pie shell.
- Cover with top crust; seal and flute edge. Cut steam vents on top. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 435F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling and browned.
- HINT: For a glazed crust, mix 1 egg and 1 tablespoons milk. Brush over top crust before baking.
This is a very easy way to sort of jazz up canned pie filling. I loved the aroma while cooking, mmmm almonds!