Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Cherry stuffed muffin with a sweet crumb topping. I found this on another site listed as adapted from Food & Wine Magazine.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- 2. Make the crumb topping: In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir in butter then pinch mixture until it forms pea size chunks.
- 3. Make the muffins: In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and oil and beat with a hand mixer until well combined. Beat in the milk and vanilla. Add the flour mix and beat on low speed until the batter is smooth. Stir in the cherries.
- 4. Spoon the batter into muffin tins filling about 3/4 full. Sprinkle crumb topping on each muffin and bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 5. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Love how juicy the cherries kept in muffin even after two days. Struesel topping is very nice.Smells drove me crazy while baking. I was looking for a no nuts recipe and to use my cherries and this will be a definite repeater as stores here in northern WI sell cherries in huge sealed bags. Used more than two cherries per muffin, baked for less than 30 minutes. Thanks for recipe. Too bad site does not let user eliminate nuts from search.
A moist delicious muffin. I wouldn't change a thing.
Wow, this is my new "go to" recipe for cherry muffins!! I picked sweet Oregon cherries last week, and needed to find a good recipe, besides pie. I gotta say, this one hit the spot. The sugar crumble slightly caramelized, leaving it a little bit chewy and amazingly delicious!! Thank you for posting it.