Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the taste of summer!! This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. The recipe is for under 1,000 feet elevation so adjust it for your area.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped seeded orange (unpeeled)
- 4 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a large saucepan, combine orange, cherries, juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cove and boil gently, stirring frequently, until peel is tender,about 20 minutes. Maintaining boil, gradually stir in sugar. Boil hard, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches gel stage, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and test gel. If gel stage has been reached, skim off foam.
- Ladle hot marmalade into hot jars, leaving 1/4 in headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary by adding more marmalade. Wipe rim and put on lids and bands.
- Place jars in canner, bring to a boil and process 15 minutes.
Cook times needed some adjusting but flavor was good.