Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy and delicious ham with a cherry flavoured glaze.
Make and share this Cherry-Glazed Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 lb) fully cooked whole ham
- 1 cup smucker's cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325° F oven about 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer registers 140° F).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the cherry preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, and spices.
- Cook and stir until boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer two minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the glaze.
- About 15 minutes before the ham is done, spoon some of the remaining glaze over the ham, basting occasionally.
- Remove from oven; place on a heated serving platter.
- Stir the water into the reserved 3/4-cup glaze; heat and serve along with the ham.