This is my mom's recipe. It is a family requested recipe that she usually makes for Christmas. She's even added green food coloring to the cool whip to give it the festive look.
- Melt butter, pour into a 9 x 13 dish add graham cracker crumbs.
- Press in bottom of 9 x 13 forming a crust.
- Bake 350 degrees for 8 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of cooled cracker crust smooth out.
- Pour cans of cherries on top of the cream cheese mixture then top the cherries with cool whip.