Recipe by KimmieOH
This is my mom's recipe. It is a family requested recipe that she usually makes for Christmas. She's even added green food coloring to the cool whip to give it the festive look.
Top Review by jogresham
If your going to use this recipe you had better add sugar to the crust other wise it will stay crumbly and will be impossible to spread the cream cheese mixture. I found this out the hard way
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Melt butter, pour into a 9 x 13 dish add graham cracker crumbs.
- Press in bottom of 9 x 13 forming a crust.
- Bake 350 degrees for 8 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of cooled cracker crust smooth out.
- Pour cans of cherries on top of the cream cheese mixture then top the cherries with cool whip.