- sweet butter, for greasing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups black cherries, pitted
- vanilla sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Grease a cake pan with butter. Sift the flour into a mound in a bowl, make a well in the center, add the eggs, sugar and milk and mix well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan so the it is two-thirds full. Sprinkle the cherries on top and bake for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar before serving.