Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The kids say these cookies taste like Capt. Crunch Berries.
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cherry extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cherry chips (avail.from King Arthur Flour)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 375*F.
- Combine butter flavored crisco, brown sugar, milk, and cherry extract in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix into creamed mixture just until blended.
- Stir in cherry chips and almonds.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 3-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375*F.
- for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
Enjoyed these cookies! Simple but sweet with the cherry chips. I used all butter and the first batch was was too soft and spread paper thin during baking. Added another cup of flour and continued baking, and they were perfect. Not a fault of the recipe since I subbed butter. Cherry chips are hard to find, usually a seasonal item at stores including Walmart, but I ordered mine from Amazon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We finally found the chips at our Trader Joes. Yummmmm. These were great.