Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies
This cookie is the number one favorite in our family. The recipe originated from the back of a package of Barg and Foster Cherry Chips, probably in the early 1960's. The chips are very hard to find where I live, but if you are lucky enough to find them in your area, these are wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes (crumbled)
- 5 ounces miniature cherry chips
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and flavoring.
- Add flour and salt.
- Stir in cornflakes and cherry chips.
- Roll into 1" balls, placing onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press with fork lenthwise and crosswise, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan while warm.