Recipe by kittycatmom
I love chicken salad! This is an absolutely delicious version! Courtesy of TOH and Martha Goodrich of Wilmington DE
Top Review by Misa
Very good! It was a big hit at lunch today, and one of the ladies asked me "where on earth did you find the recipe?!" Bet this would be good with dried cranberries, too! But the tart cherries are such a great flavor! Thanks, Kitty!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries (I like to chop the cherries, but can leave whole)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 croissants, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, dried cherries, celery, apple and pecans.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant.
- Serve with a side green salad.