Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love chicken salad! This is an absolutely delicious version! Courtesy of TOH and Martha Goodrich of Wilmington DE
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries (I like to chop the cherries, but can leave whole)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, dried cherries, celery, apple and pecans.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant.
- Serve with a side green salad.
Very good! It was a big hit at lunch today, and one of the ladies asked me "where on earth did you find the recipe?!" Bet this would be good with dried cranberries, too! But the tart cherries are such a great flavor! Thanks, Kitty!
Wonderful chicken salad! Loved the cherries, used a granny smith apple, and forgot to toast the pecans but they tasted great anyway. Bought 2 pouches of Tyson chicken and large croissants. Thank you kitty for sharing this very good recipe!
This is the best chicken salad I've ever made and the only recipe I'll use from now on. Thanks!!