Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite lunchtime standby--a nice change of pace if you like chicken-fruit salad but you're tired of your standard chicken and grapes mixture.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cold cooked chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup thin-sliced celery
- 16 maraschino cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- Mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder and sour cream.
- Mix this dressing with the chicken, celery and fruits.
I thought this was a nice change from ordinary chicken salad. I added more cherries and will probably quarter them so they will blend in better. I added a good measure of salt and pepper to bring the flavor forward. Liked the curry. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I thought this was delicious! It was so simple to throw together and it made a nice summer dinner. I served it over a bed of romaine. I'll definately make this again. Thanks!
Pretty good, missing the onions though, so I added in some green onion and seasoned salt, we loved the addition of the maraschino cherries and pineapple (I used fresh pineapple) my curry-loving family really enjoyed this, thanks echo!...Kitten:)