Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice choice for dessert.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour. Add egg and extracts, beating well. Set aside.
- Stir together cherries, cherry pie filling, and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon hot cherry mixture into a lightly greased 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over hot cherries.
- Combine crushed vanilla wafers and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.