Recipe by Cheryl E
this is an easy recipe, and tastes GREAT. You can substitute any flavour pie filling if you don't like cherry.
Top Review by Dawn
I licked the bowl,the beaters, and the spoons. It was amazing that I had enough cream cheese filling for the actual recipe! I loved this recipe. The phyllo dough made an elegant cup for the cream cheese filling and cherry pie filling. I loved the hint of lemon in the cream cheese layer.
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, covered with a damp cloth
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (125 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (540 ml) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay one sheet of phyllo dough on a damp tea towel.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Repeat layering of dough and buttering (3-times)--cut dough into 6 rectangles with scissors round corners gently pleat each rectangle to fit into greased muffin cups (2-1/2 inch).
- Bake at 350°F for 6-10 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind and juice until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture and cherry filling into each cup.