Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Sandra Dee
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs (without skin )
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- hot cooked egg noodles (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with
- aluminum foil; set aside. Trim fat from chicken.
- Place chicken thighs, skin sides up, on prepared
- baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 inches
- from heat for 10 minutes or until skin is golden
- and begins to crisp (this step may be omitted,
- but it produces a better-flavored dish).
- In a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, layer cherries,
- onion, and tea bags. Add chicken. In a small
- bowl, stir together preserves and wine. Pour
- over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low 4 to 6 hours. Remove
- chicken to a serving platter; cover with
- aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Remove tea bags from slow cooker; transfer
- cherry mixture to a small saucepan.
- Over high heat, bring cherry mixture to a boil.
- Cook until mixture is reduced by half, stirring
- Serve chicken on top of noodles (optional).
- Spoon cherry mixture over chicken.