Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really like this recipe because it is simple and has a nice presentation. I serve with crusty French bread and a salad.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Combine flour, basil, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag; shake to mix well. Add chicken. Seal and shake to coat; set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Place onion around the edges of chicken. Cook chicken for 4 minutes per side to lightly brown; stir onion occasionally.
- Pour broth and vinegar around chicken. Add cherries to pan. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes until no longer pink. Remove chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat until mixture bubbles; cook 2 to 4 minutes to reduce liquid, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining 1 Tablespoon butter until blended. Serve chicken with sauce.
i was actually recommended this recipe from a friend so i came to the site, (ended up becoming a member and all- haha) and tried ur recipe out. i liked it quite a bit, my hubby loved it (prolly 4 stars for him). it is different but pretty good, will make again in our home. 4/23/08 EDIT: I wanted to add that I've made this recipe a few more times since the last time i reviewed it and it has defintely grown on me, i love it now and i try to make this at least once every other week. Its healthy and truly delicious. Oh, and I changed it to 4 stars !
the whole family loves chicken and this is a perfect blend with the cherries, very tasty!