Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tart and Cherry tinted. Yet another twist to the many variations you can lend to the traditional apple pie. Recipe source, "Creavtive Cooking made easy, The Golden Fluffo Cookbook", circa 1956. Prep time does not include preparing the pie crust.
- 4 cups sliced pared apples
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons cherry preserves (I have used blackberry jam)
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (8 inch)
- Combine apples, flour, salt, sugar and orange juice and turn mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Drop preserves by tablespoons over filling.
- Cover with slashed top crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender.