1/1 Photo of Cherry and Tangerine Oatmeal
A tasty healthy breakfast porridge. The flavors blend well by chilling the milk, oatmeal, and fruit together over night then cooking. Cook time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup steel cut oats (Irish oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherry
- 2 teaspoons tangerine peel, finely shredded (or orange peel)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1In a nonmetal bowl combine oates, cherries, tangerine peel, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir in milk; cover and chill for 8-24 hours.
- 2To serve, transfer oatmeal mixture to a saucepan. Heat just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 mins or until oatmeal is done, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. If desired, top with warmed milk, sugar and nuts.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry and Tangerine Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: