1/11 Photos of Chelle's Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Mommy Diva's Note:
I have been making this recipe I found in Betty Crocker and modified to my liking for 20 years or so. My family loves it - and even a few of my husband's co-workers look forward to it at the holidays now! I like to make mini loaves of this (half with nuts and half without), my Chelle's Pumpkin Bread and Chelle's Zucchini Bread and make little "gift trays" for the holidays. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine (I use Imperial generally) or 1/3 cup butter (I use Imperial generally)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (do not use self-rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla (I like Spice Island 100% Bourbon Vanilla extract)
- 1Heat your oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease the bottom only of your loaf pan.
- 3In large bowl, mix together sugar and margarine.
- 4Stir in eggs until blended.
- 5Add vanilla, water and bananas and beat for 30 seconds.
- 6Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding to mixture.
- 7When all ingredients are mixed together, add nuts, if desired holding a few aside to garnish top.
- 8Pour batter into pan.
- 9Sprinkle top with nuts or arrange a few whole nuts on top prior to baking.
- 10Bake for 75 minutes for an 8 inch loaf pan, 55 to 60 minutes for a 9 inch loaf pan.
- 11Loaf should be deep golden brown and a wooden toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of loaf when cooked thoroughly.
- 12Serve warm with butter, whipping cream (with a touch of rum for a dessert), toasted is great anytime or just plain!
- 13Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chelle's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2879.5
- Calories from Fat 972
- Total Fat 108.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 3833.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 431.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 233.7 g
- Protein 49.0 g