Chelle's Zucchini Bread
Another holiday favorite- I got this from an old Betty Crocker cookbook and make it along with my Recipe #195730 and Recipe #195714 in mini loaves for the holidays! Easy, fun, crowd pleasing recipes! Enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottom only of loaf pans (two pans if using 9 inch, three if using 8 or 8.5 inch).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and shortening.
- Stir in eggs, water and zucchini.
- Mix in remaining ingredients thoroughly, except nuts.
- Stir in nuts, if desired, and pour into pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes; until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of loaves from pans, remove from pans to finish cooling.
- Cool completely prior to cutting.
- Great served toasted with butter, with cream cheese frosting, whipping cream with rum as dessert, or just plain!
- Enjoy! ;).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation