Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is probably the most healthy pizza I've ever eaten. I have been making it for several years. Instead of tomato sauce you use an avocado sauce. You don't cook the vegetables or the pizza, its mostly raw. Make sure you have a lot of napkins around, this pizza is messy to eat :)
FOR THE CRUST
- 6 sheets nori (square or round sheets)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 fresh basil leaves (cut thin and divided)
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 12 cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1 sweet bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1 shredded carrot (large)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive (chopped small)
- 3⁄4 cup vegan cheese (shredded)
- Prepare the 6 nori sheets by brushing water on 3 of the sheets and then stick one sheet on top of each of the 3 sheets on 3 separate plates.
- Set aside.
- Shred the carrot. Shred the cheese. Set them aside.
- Chop up the bell pepper, olives and tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine the avocados, yeast, garlic powder, and 6 basil leaves. Puree and then set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE PIZZAS:.
- Divide the Avocado puree between the three Nori sheets.
- Divide each of the vegetable between each of the 3 pizzas.
- Top each pizza with the veggies and the shredded cheese.
- Chop the 6 remaining basil leaves thin and top each pizza with 1/3 of the leaves.
- Bon Appetit!
This is such a creative recipe and tastes wonderful!
I didn't use the yeast. Instead I just added olive oil and some parsely to the avacoado and mashed it up. Also added some sauted mushrooms and temph.
Definitely my new favorite dish! If the pizza style is too messy, just roll it into a burrito :)
It was quite delicious, and I would have given it a five if not for the awkwardness of eating the pizza. It was quite messy.