Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I love pizza pockets filled with goodies and I wanted to come up with something for my lunch today. I had some left overs and added them into the mix. Ole!
- 1 pizza crust, recipe (no yeast-vegan)
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package vegetarian chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cooked corn, nibblets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (fine chopped)
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped small
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts (chopped fine)
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or other tomato sauce)
- 1 (11 ounce) package vegan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Prepare the pizza dough and set aside. I put mine in a plastic container with a lid. I put some olive oil on the dough to keep it supple.
- Prepare all the ingredients that need chopping.
- Saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes. then add everything else except the marinara sauce and cheese.
- Turn the heat down and add the marinara sauce until the mixture is just moist. Saute this for a few minutes to combine everything together.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the pizza dough into two equal pieces. Roll them out and put half the filling on each round.
- Shred some cheese on top of the marinara mixture and then seal the pastries well so they don't leak. You can brush the tops with some soy milk or melted vegan margarine.
- Cut small vent holes in the top of the pastries and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with melted cheese and more marinara sauce on top.
- Bon Appetit!