Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to use up some egg roll wrappers I had in the freezer and came up with this recipe. I baked these in my convection toaster oven for 10 minutes and they turned out nice and crispy and delicious. If you don't have a convection oven just bake them the conventional way. You can serve these with cranberries or sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used Diestel)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps (I used Nasoya)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 head cabbage (chopped fine)
- 2 cups mushrooms (chopped fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (I used Tofuti)
- 1⁄4 cup soy coffee creamer (I used silk)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil and margarine on medium heat until just transparent. Then add the ground turkey and cook breaking the pieces up. When it's no longer pink.
- Drain the turkey onion mixture well. I put the mixture in a sieve and it it sit over a bowl until it was well drained.
- Add a little more olive oil to the pan and saute the cabbage until just soft, then add the mushrooms, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Saute until everything is cooked.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let this mixture cool for a few minutes.
- While the filling is cooling, remove the egg roll wrappers from the package and lay flat.
- Put about 2 tablespoons of the filling in the middle of each wrapper.
- Moisten around the edges with the soy creamer and seal into a triangle, then fold both the sides to the middle and roll from the bottom to the top. Make sure you put a little of the cream on any edges that need to be secured.
- Brush the tops with more soy creamer and put the dumplings in a pan that has been covered with tin foil and sprayed with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Bon Appetit!