Recipe by Chef Dee
Mmmm. moist and delicious stuffing. Of all the recipes I have tried, this is the only one which tastes like it came right out of the bird. As our family are big stuffing eaters, I always make this recipe then mix it with the stuffing from the bird for serving.
Top Review by Chugar63
I don't like to write anything negative but I feel I need to be honest. We only had a Turkey breast this year so I thought this would work for Stuffing to fill out the meal. It was horrible My 24 year old was the only one to eat it at dinner. I followed the recipe exactly but the poulty seasoning was overpowering. Maybe if you are mixing with your turkey stuffing it might work but alone its not for me.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 10 cups day old bread cubes
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine melted margarine, chicken broth and hot water.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the water mixture over the crumb mixture and stir.
- Spray crock pot with Pam, then spoon stuffing into it.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, scraping the sides and stirring once, half way through.
- Check the moisture once or twice, add a little hot water if necessary, but it should be nice and moist as is.