Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
So quick and so easy, yet so full of flavor. Better than any stuff you'll get out of a jar and without all those preservatives. Pasta sauce does not have to cook for hours to be delicious. This one is done in as little as 30 minutes! I tweak my spices from time-to-time, and you should too. This is the only sauce we use in our household and it's a good all purpose sauce for many uses.
- 1 (28 ounce) cansan marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, garlic, black pepper and red pepper flakes in oil until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, chicken parmigiana, stuffed pasta shells, etc.